Monday, December 29, 2008

marley&me

i just got back from the movies... or the "cinema" as some might call it. i watched marley & me. you know, that one about the dog, with owen wilson and jennifer aniston.

the movie was pretty good all throughout, funny and cute and all that.. and then at the end it was HELLAsad. but like.. the kind of sad that makes it really good. oh my! i've never actually cried while watching a movie up until tonight. of course, i've gotten the welling-up of the eyes, and the tightness in the throat before; but at the end of this movie, i couldn't keep my cheeks dry, and i had to fight hard against my facial muscles so that I didn't actually look like i was BAWLING MY EYES OUT  ...so i'm guessing i looked like i really needed to use the bathroom.. really, really bad... or something to that effect. ANYWAY, it was just, so sad, and i cried.. which i don't do often (lololol).
















(THIEVED from "NyXta" on DeviantArt)

so then after i drove kara home, i was heading back home, and i was just in one of those moods. those ones where you just stare off and think. IDK, the HELLAsadness of the movie made me do it. but it wasn't like GAHHH I'M SO DEPRESSED! it was more like... hmm, i'm thinking about a lot of things. so rather than taking the normal route home, i took a bit of a detour. 
actually, i took a BIG detour. like, adding at least an extra half hour to my what-would-be 5- to 10-minute commute.

it was really foggy. it's been foggy all day here. and it was just really pretty. the glow of the street lights and passing cars. there was just this gentle ambience about it all. it fostered perfect conditions for thinking.

so that's what i did. i thought. it's something i haven't been doing a lot of lately, what with the hustle and bustle of the holidays.. and wHatnot. i just thought about a whole bunch of things. pondering this and that. it was actually really nice. of course, i tried not to get to tangled up in my thoughts, for i still had a motorized vehicle to pay attention to, as to avoid ending up in a ditch or sommat.

it was just a really nice drive. :)
i must try to have more of these - if i can get my hands on my own car someday.


i think i will go read Twilight now (..yes. i've jumped the Twilight bandwagon... WUT), and then slumber.
g'night. :)



C.



PS: i hope you all had a wonderful christmas slash other holidays you may have celebrated (ie: Hanukkah, Kwanzaa, etc.)!

4 comments:

piscarie said...

where did you take those pictures from...its awesome..did u click it

beckyannnnnnn said...

The book was good too! :)

Also... i NEED to talk to you.

piscarie said...

talk ////
wat?
go ahead

sparklegreen said...

aw, wanna see this flick now! love your red x-mas sweater, saw better pic in kirs' blog. you were so HOT in it! phew! *sizzle*

I love alone time... i usually get it most when taking photos on my NEW fuji s1000 camera that I bought myself for crimbo!!!! it's the cutest digital slr-knockoff ever.

but seriously, photo-ing makes me love the world and me so much more.

wv:apersta (whoah, almost looks like aperture, coincidence?) biocytet, seriously. the computers can read minds!