Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Random Listy Thing!

from becky's 100 random things list..

1. I am one of the most procrastinatory people I know.
2. Right now, there are tonnes of things I could be doing, including studying for my midterm on Friday, studying other subjects, finishing my chem lab, catching up on readings, etc etc.
3. I find that unless it's crunch time and down to the very last minute, I can't concentrate on anything for any length of time. 
4. Everytime it comes down to crunch time, I get angry at myself and say, "WHY didn't I study earlier when I had the chance?!"
5. If I don't keep myself busy, I get lazy...  and then my mind begins to wander places it shouldn't.
6. There have been numerous times this year where I have questioned why I'm actually taking the courses I'm in, and if this is really something I want to do.
7. I would love to know what I'm going to do for the rest of my life.
8. I absolutely HATE making decisions on my own. If you know me well enough, you'll know what I mean!
9. If I could have it my way, I'd hire someone to make all my important life decisions for me. :)
10. Sometimes I get so bogged down with school, that I feel like just giving up.
11. But I know that giving up is just an easy way out, and I keep telling myself that if I just keep sticking it out, it'll all be worth it in the end.
12. There are times when I get incredibly lonely, even if I'm in a room full of people.
13. When I get like this, I find myself extremely unmotivated and I stray to my computer for some sort of social contact with the world, whether it be msn, youtube, social networking sites... haha
*Note: I've realized that many of the above seem somewhat depressing! I'm generally a happy person, and certainly not depressed all the time! Let's move on to something else...*
14. Last year, I bought a bamboo plant which I named Hube (short for Hubert). Hube and babette were lovers until becky killed babette. :'(
15. I've recently become addicted to such TLC shows as Jon&Kate+8 and 17 Kids and Counting. I don't know what it is. But I love them.
16. I've always wondered what it would be like to grow up in a large family. Come to think of it, sometimes I wish I grew up in a large family!
17. Only 29 more days until Home. As MUCH as I love being away from home, out on my own at school, with friends and everything, I just get sooo tired of schoolwork all the time and sometimes just wanna go HOME. I'm excited to be home for the summer. :)
18. I'm surprised with myself at how many of these I'm coming up with!
19. I think I have OCD tendencies at times.
20. It bugs me when the volume on my TV doesn't end with a 0 or a 5 (ie: if the volume was set to 23, even if it was loud enough, I'd put it to 20 or 25).
21. I'm colour blind. Well, sort of. It's not the typical red-green colour blindness you see in most cases: I get mixed up between blue and purple, green and brown...  My friends make fun of me all the time for it. :P
22. I have an irrational fear of chairs.  ... Don't ask. hahaha
23. This actually IS therapeutic! Thanks for making me do this. :)
24. I donated blood for the second time last night! As a result (coupled with an insane lack of sleep of course), I'm extremely tired today!
25. I wish I could figure out why I can never get to sleep before 1 or 2 in the morning most nights. Then I'm so tired the next day, but then once late evening / night hits again, I'm super awake! Vicious cycle, it is!
26. I HATE shaving. One of my all time pet peeves. I leave it as long as possible until my face begins to look like it's growing a new species of fungus on it before I'll shave it.
27. I consider myself Athiest (I think?), and yet I still like to go to church with my family. Go figure that one out..
28. Clearly I'm not as fast at this as Becky is. She had like... at least 50 within a half hour!
29. I'd like to experience love. Which leads me to...
30. Sometimes I wonder if I'll ever find love. I try to keep hope, but it gets hard sometimes!
31. Secretly (not anymore I guess!), and on rare occasions, I'll catch myself watching eye makeup how-to videos on youtube. You know the ones - usually about eight minutes long, with a humungous eye staring at you through the screen while some girl cakes her face with the stuff...        DON'T JUDGE ME!
32. I should also note that I have absolutely no desire to actually WEAR makeup! I just find it interesting okay?? hahah
33. I value each and every friendship I have, and I don't think I'd be who I am without you.
34. This past February has been the single most hardest month I've ever experienced.
35. I still think about you almost everyday and love you very very much.
36. Up until last month, I think I had forgotten just how much family means to me. 
37. I have an insanely wide taste in music. If you look through my iTunes, you'll find anything from alt rock to indie pop, 80's synth to hip-hop, and almost anything in between. 
38. It bugs me when I say something, but the other person doesn't seem to acknowledge that I've spoken.
39. I think I skipped the whole "rebellious teenager" phase when I was growing up, and saved it for later (as in... last year?)
40. The thought of having to tell my mom that thing about me literally turns my stomach upside down. Hopefully, with time, that'll change. 
41. I'm easily-persuaded. I'll try to stay stubborn for as long as I can, but eventually I'll end up giving up and going along with it.
42. I'll never forget the meaning of this number! (If only I knew the question.......)
43. There are times that, if I could have things my way, I would have music playing every minute of every day. But other times, I like complete silence. All depends on the mood I suppose.
44. Everytime I look up at my calendar and see "I just at the sticker! ♥b." or "Psst....Narnia isn't here." I chuckle a little bit. :)
45. Sometimes I wish I was born.... errr... "differently" than the way I am. It just seems like life would be SO much easier and I'd be more content with myself.
46. It makes me so sad whenever my friends are down. I feel so bad, and many times, so helpless because sometimes there's really nothing I can do.
47. Maybe I'll mail those gifts off those gifts that are sitting over there someday (I certainly hope so!)
48. I never once drank in high school. 
49. I can be a surprisingly jealous person at times. Even just the small things. But I get over it easy. :)
50. Clearly I don't know myself as much as I thought I did! However, I know I'll end up thinking of something else that would belong on this list, so I'll probably come on here every now and then and update it!
51. I love you all too :)
52. I find myself, subconsciously, constantly seeking the approval of others.

6 comments:

beckyannnnnnn said...

Colin,
Let it be known on my list
101. I love you. With my whole entire heart. :D

evanfrederickmacquarrie said...

^ yes. i too love you.
and i lol-ed at 42.

also, it should be noted that, while you have no desire to actually WEAR eye makeup but spend inordinate amounts of time staring at enlarged eyeballs being covered in powder and goo – i have never spent time watching how-tos on youtube but have, on several occasions, worn eye makeup.
for various reasons.

black vanilla rose said...

Your blog's awesome! I love lists and this one's just great. :]

evanfrederickmacquarrie said...

my name isn't colin, but i know this really awesome guy named colin, and he hasn't posted on his blog in ages.
three weeks, and counting.

so.........
you should really get on that.

colinM. said...

HAHAHAHAHA
that was good.


this is a true statement though. i plan on blogging more once i'm not smothered in essays and exams.

evanfrederickmacquarrie said...

TRUE SAY.

wv: ingshing
as in: i am ingshing my way toward freedom.