Wednesday, February 11, 2009

the garden that you planted...

...remains.


you were one of a kind. 
a meek and mild man; so selfless and caring for others.
you are one of the kindest people i will have ever met in my life, i'm sure.

you were the wise owl,
always having an explaination or solution for something.
you are one of the smartest people i will have ever met in my life, i'm certain.

you did the best you could,
with what little you had.
you helped raise five wonderful children
who grew up to be amazing people,
because of you.

you've made such an impact on so many lives.
bringing a smile to someone's day.
helping out others in need.
always showing your immense generosity.

that garden you planted -
the mark you've left on so many people - 
still remains.

you may be gone,
yet you still exist in so many ways
in the people you have touched with your presence.



i love you, grampie, and i'll miss you very very much.



C.

3 comments:

.e said...

Collin, I'm so sorry to hear about your Grandfather! Are you ok? That was one of the most beautiful poems I have ever read.

R.I.P

E x

beckyannnnnnn said...

I agree with Elyse.
It's beautiful. Absolutely beautiful. And as mentioned before, I'm here if you need me.

♥ b.

Red Lips and Cigarette Sticks said...

that was brilliant an sorry for the circumstances but that was really really good